Abstracts will be accepted, as described below, for two tracks: Oral/Poster Presentations and Open Forums. If you have questions about your proposal, contact Programme Co-Chair KC Ting.
- Dimensions: 90 cm (width) X 120 cm. Leave 3 cm margin in all directions.
- Title in CAPITAL letters (Font size: minimum 72 – 86 points Arial or similar)
- Authors: First name and surname of all authors, underline representing author (Font size: 32 – 40 Arial or similar).
- Provide affiliation for all authors (Font size: 32 Arial or similar, in italics).
- Body of the poster – Tables and Figures. Do not use capital letters except for headings
- Posters should be attractive, well organized, self explanatory, careful in linking text to imagery, and appropriate to the intended viewers.
Submit your abstract of up to 400 words, providing name(s), affiliation(s), and contact information and indicating up to two Session Theme choices. Accepted proposals will be assigned by the Program Committee as an oral or poster presentation.
- Session Theme 1: Enhancement of Food Availability through Mechanization and Precision Agriculture
- Session Theme 2: Enhancement of Food Availability through Water Management
- Session Theme 3: Postharvest and Value-Added Processing for Efficient Food Utilization
- Session Theme 4: Food Distribution and Logistics for Accessibility
- Session Theme 5: Capacity Building for Food System Stability
- Session Theme 6: Systems Level Performance for Food System Stability
On the submission form, please select up to 2 themes to which your work applies.
A 90-minute block for open forums has been scheduled at the conclusion of each day’s technical programme. The purpose is to provide opportunity for deep examination of issues relevant to food security, especially those that extend beyond the six session themes.
Formatting of these sessions is flexible and includes:
- Panel Discussion
- Facilitated Discussion
- Strategy Formulation Meeting
- Partnership Building
- Short Course
To propose an open forum, please submit an abstract of up to 400 words, providing name(s), affiliation(s), contact information for the facilitators, and format of the forum. Topics need not be limited to the six themes identified for the presentation sessions.
Submitting Your Abstract
At least one abstract author must be registered and fully paid for the conference by 22 August 2016. Abstracts that do not meet this requirement will not be included in the programme.
Format: You are encouraged to submit your abstract(s) in an MS Word document, utilizing our on-line submission form. Please do not upload a PDF file.
To facilitate processing, please follow these guidelines:
- Please type in Single space, Arial regular font, A4 page format.
- Title: 14-point boldface, centered, all capital letters, no full stop; follow with one 14-point line space
- Byline: List names of all authors, centered and in boldface type. Include full postal addresses of all authors and the e-mail address of corresponding author.
- Skip a line before the text of the abstract.
If you are unable to access or use the on-line form, you may e-mail the Word file, as an attachment, to email@example.com. Abstracts will not be accepted if faxed or embedded in the body of an email.